CANT MAKE BOOT DISK DURING INSTALL IN REDHAT 5.1

CANT MAKE BOOT DISK DURING INSTALL IN REDHAT 5.1

Post by muddy mudskippe » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

have already been reading about how this might not be possibble with
RedHat.
what gives?
how can I do this manually at the shell prompt?

--
"who's got seg-men-ted eyes?"

BEST PLACE TO START:
http://www.whatis.com

COOL LINUX RESELLER:
http://www.cheapbytes.com

OTHER RESOURCES FOR BETTER WIN95 PERFORMANCE:
http://www.rshweb.com/Win95/win95.htm
http://www.windowscentral.com/features/reports/bugs/internet/fixall/
http://www.annoyances.org/win95/_index06.html
http://www.winfiles.com
http://www.winmag.com

TO MAKE A NEW BOOT DISK WITH CD ROM DRIVERS:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/6446/freshstart.html

Post by Dave Blak » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>have already been reading about how this might not be possibble with
>RedHat.
>what gives?
>how can I do this manually at the shell prompt?

Go to the cdrom directory which includes the images.
Read the very nice help file there called
rescue.txt.

It explains how to do this in detail.

If you do not have the cdrom, might I suggest going
to www.sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/RedHat5.1

DB

1. Trouble with RedHat 5.1 boot disk on a Dell Optiplex DGX 590 (cant load initrd.img)

I am trying to install RedHat 5.1 on a Dell Optiplex DGX 590, but I cant
load the file "initrd.img" from the boot disk. The machine boots OK from
the boot disk and I get the installation menu. But after pressing
<ENTER>, I get:

boot:

The loading begins, but the machine hangs after 2 seconds with the
floppy drive light remaining on .

I've tried two different machines (same hardware model), and two
different floppy disks. Same result.

I can boot with this disk on other hardware model (I tried on a Dell
Optiplex GXpro and on a DECpc XL590). Furthermore, the RedHat 5.0 and
Debian 2.0 boot disks work both on the machine.

Any hints?

--

2. upgrade 2.5.1 to 2.6 with A1000 raidsystem

3. Compaq Prolinea Cant Find Hard Drive during Install RH 5.1

4. Allocat memory in Shared Mem. ?

5. Creating Redhat 5.1 Boot/Install disk?

6. 2.5.34-bk: ide interfaces sharing same irq broken...

7. RedHat 5.1 Install Boot Disk Error

8. linux g++ with repo patch?

9. problem installing redhat 5.1 - error in script (RPM) reported during install

10. Cant Boot Redhat 5.1, Hangs up at, Setting Clock:

11. Disk full during installation Redhat 5.1

12. redhat 5.1 install cant find first HD

13. RedHat 5.1 upgrade fails - reboots during pre-install phase