Q: Has anyone out there used "PEN-BASED" mouse in Linux??

Q: Has anyone out there used "PEN-BASED" mouse in Linux??

Post by Yung-Chien Le » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello all:

Has anyone out there used "pen-based" mouse in Linux?

What I mean by "pen-based" mouse is that it actually behaves like a
normal mouse but it uses a "pen" for pointing (and clicking?) with a
base (similar to digitizer or tablet ?). I know it works under
MS-Windows (Win95?) but I've not seen any info related to this kind
of mouse in Linux community. I plan to buy one for sketching and
writing in Windows and would love to see it work under Linux
(I doubt it though).

Any chances of future support for this kind of mouse?

Thanks a lot.

yclee

Post by David Sega » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Hello all:

>Has anyone out there used "pen-based" mouse in Linux?

>What I mean by "pen-based" mouse is that it actually behaves like a
>normal mouse but it uses a "pen" for pointing (and clicking?) with a
>base (similar to digitizer or tablet ?). I know it works under
>MS-Windows (Win95?) but I've not seen any info related to this kind
>of mouse in Linux community. I plan to buy one for sketching and
>writing in Windows and would love to see it work under Linux
>(I doubt it though).

>Any chances of future support for this kind of mouse?

>Thanks a lot.

>yclee

I have an a device called an IMSI PC Stylus. You hold it like a
(large) pen and "draw" on an ordinary mouse pad. It works pefectly
under Linux. There is no reason why it shouldn't since it emulates a
Microsoft mouse. I don't use it because I much prefer an ordinary
mouse but it might feel more natural for drawing. You are welcome to
buy it but they are not expensive so you would probably be better off
contacting IMSI on (415) 257 3000.

Profectus Pty Ltd                 Compuserve: 100241,1211
25 Myrtle Road                    Telephone: +61 3 9830 5026
Canterbury, VIC, 3126 AUSTRALIA         Fax: +61 3 9830 0959

1. Q: Has anyone out there used "pen-based" mouse in Linux?

Hello all:

Has anyone out there used "pen-based" mouse in Linux?

What I mean by "pen-based" mouse is that it actually behaves like a
normal mouse but it uses a "pen" for pointing (and clicking?) with a
base (similar to digitizer or tablet ?). I know it works under
MS-Windows (Win95?) but I've not seen any info related to this kind
of mouse in Linux community. I plan to buy one for sketching and
writing in Windows and would love to see it work under Linux
(I doubt it though).

Any chances of future support for this kind of mouse?

Thanks a lot.

yclee

2. Put result into a file

4. Encyppt whole Linux system ?

6. kppp and Netscape

7. Is there anybody knowing a good "pen" as substitute for the mouse?

8. Redhat ES, Mail loging in.

9. Using "if" in "ksh" to change "for loop" values....

10. Having "real" and "private" IPs work together on one hub

11. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

12. Caldera "Base" vs "Standard", WABI

13. Having a X "based" network working...