bash

Post by ryan nit » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I installed Caldera desktop, and than upgraded to Red Hat 4.0. Now for
some reason everytime I login as root or use the su command I get the
following error message.

bash: /root/.bashrc: line 17: syntax error: unexpected end of file

it lets me log in and everything seems to be ok after that.
please respond via email...

Thanks

-Ryan

-----------------------------
http://www.cs.wayne.edu/~rgn
-----------------------------
8==(*)==8

bash

Post by Heiko Selb » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: I installed Caldera desktop, and than upgraded to Red Hat 4.0. Now for
: some reason everytime I login as root or use the su command I get the
: following error message.

: bash: /root/.bashrc: line 17: syntax error: unexpected end of file

: it lets me log in and everything seems to be ok after that.
: please respond via email...

Seems like your .bashrc has 17 lines and ends right in the middle of a
command. You should check that if you understand bash syntax. Else you can
post your .bashrc and we'll have a look at it together.

Heiko
Heiko Selber (Fritz-Haber-Institut Berlin)   | Vs lbh pna ernq guvf       |
http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/~selber         | lbh unir jnfgrq lbhe gvzr. |

Phone:+49-30-8413-4574, Fax:+49-30-8413-4686 |____________________________|

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. >centralized authentication?<

3. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

4. Solaris tuning parameter

5. Bash calls TCL, TCL calls Bash, 2nd Bash never reads input

6. test

7. Bash/CGI - - HTML call to Bash script

8. kernel profiling

9. difference in behaviour of bash-2.0 from bash-1.14.7

10. (patch for Bash) Bash with embedded Python

11. co-processes and bash (ksh does it, can bash?)

12. Stupid BASH BASH EXPORT PS1 and path to X Question

13. changing bash to "bash -noprofile"