How to remove a library?

Post by Brion Vibbe » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I want to get rid of /lib/libc.so.6 stuff which is unpleasantly bundled
> with
> my RedHat5.0 installation, it brings me trouble since I am using
> libc.so.5
> and it makes confusion for some program compilation. My question is:
> how can I safely remove the glibc?

Bad idea. Consider that all the packages included with RH5 are linked
against glibc... If you remove glibc, nothing will work! If you really
want a glibc-less Linux, consider getting a different distribution
(Slackware, Debian, etc) or an older version of Red Hat.

How to remove a library?

Post by Yang S » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I want to get rid of /lib/libc.so.6 stuff which is unpleasantly bundled
with
my RedHat5.0 installation, it brings me trouble since I am using
libc.so.5
and it makes confusion for some program compilation. My question is:
how can I safely remove the glibc?

Any comments are welcome and appreciated. (please leave me a copy of

1. Needed: A (library) routine to remove an entry from /etc/security/...

I'm looking for a routine for AIX3.1 that will allow me to remove an entry
from the /etc/security/passwd file. IBM supplies routines to put and get
entries to/from this file, but I can't seem to find a routine to delete
an entry. Anyone who nows? (IBM obviously does since 'rmuser -p' manages
this)

--

  DynaSoft, Dynamic Software AB                 Phone: +46-8-726 85 60
  Liljeholmsv 10, S-117 43 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN    Fax: +46-8-18 11 45

2. Switching Screen Resolutions

3. Impact on removing thread libraries

4. My Linux experience...

5. Remove Shared Library?

6. Elm 2.4 pl 21 on RS/6000 - compiles, doesn't work

7. libraries libraries libraries

8. pbl prog C I/O sur Pc

9. Removing funny files (Re: how do i remove a file with a ~ in it ????)

10. fdisk ... remove partition removed disk!

11. Removing funny files (Re: how do i remove a file with a ~ in it ????)

12. 2.5.40 kbuild bug: mrproper removes files it shouldn't remove

13. remove initialization from removed sem