Trying to run setup gives Segmentation Fault

Trying to run setup gives Segmentation Fault

Post by Kent Blive » Tue, 20 May 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to load Linux on a Gateway 486SX/25 with 4MB of ram and
everything has been going just fine.  I partitioned the drives fine,
booting up with my boot and root disks, logged in as root, and used
fdisk on the linux side, all without a problem.  But when I go to run
setup, it comes back with segmentation fault.  No other info is given.
I found an old message to this newsgroup with a similar problem, and the
solution there was to turn off the external cache in BIOS, which I
tried, but the same error occured.

Is this error something anybody recogizes, and have I given enough
information?  Is so, drop me a line.

Kent Bliven

P.S.  Since my setup program has not been run yet, I do not know yet if
my CD-ROM is going to work or not.  It is a Mediavsion Reno, which
somebody gave me.  I didn't think it would work, but it is a SCSI drive,
and there is a SCSI card in the machine.  Has anyone ever got one of
these to work, or should I just spring for a new CD-ROM drive?

1. Slackware give me segmentation fault when running tex/latex

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help
Subject: Slackware tex, latex keeps giving segmentation fault

Hi all you unix gurus.

I just got my feet wet with the Slackware distribution with only one
problem.  Everytime I try to run any of the executables associated
with the tex series, I get a segmentation fault.  I have the current
disks from ftp.cdrom.com (T1-T3) and everything that comes with the
std. distribution.  Any help would be appreciated.  (linux .99p14),
nothing special in the kernel.

|  University of Denver                |  when I don't know what I'm |
|  Department of Chemistry             |  doing.....                 |
|  Denver, Colorado, 80208             |              - W. von Braun |

2. Logitech First Mouse+

3. kvt gives segmentation fault when run by anyone other than root

4. Question about a deleted link

5. StarOffice 4.0 setup gives "segmentation fault"

6. CD Writer problems Plextor24/10/40A on a SUN ultra 10

7. Segmentation Fault when try to run dip with script, please help .

8. PPP hangups with large data downloads

9. iostat -n gives segmentation fault

10. SSLeay: genrsa gives segmentation fault

11. NTeX for Slackware 3.0 gives segmentation faults

12. mkpv and mkraid give Segmentation fault... HELP!

13. ls gives segmentation fault.. ?