Linux with Win/NT (Bootmanager)

Post by Michael Vorburge » Tue, 30 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

I am going to install LINUX very soon. (Good idea, isn't it?)

My machine has NT, DOS and Win95, configured with the
NT boot manager. Will LINUX cooperate with the NT bm; or
do I have to use that LILO thingie in the future?

Tx,
Michael

PS: Please reply by mail, too; not (only) posting.

1. Bootmanager and Win-NT

Hi!

Short story: Yesterday I installed WinNT on a second drive of my FreeBSD
2.1.5 box (well, actually the first drive: NT is on sd0, FreeBSD on
sd1). SCSI drives (as you see from the device names) on a NCR 810. IDE
is completely disbled via BIOS setup.

From postings in this group I expected that I had to reinstall the
FreeBSD boot manager ("Win NT overwrites it with its own ...").

Well: No such thing. When the installation was finished, booteasy was
still there. When I now start the computer I get the booteasy prompt and
if I choose NT, I get the NT bootmanager prompt.

Now, am I a genius? Is my computer just acting weird? Is my booteay just
much more stubborn than other peoples' booteasy or what? :-)

*grin*

-Walter

--

     <A href=http://www.forwiss.tu-muenchen.de/~hafner/>*CLICK*</A>
 The best observation I can make is that the BSD Daemon logo is _much_

2. voodoo2 and slackware 4.0 and quake3

3. Win 2000 + Linux - how to boot into linux without bootmanager ? ? ? ?

4. Largest Oracle Installation in the WORLD!!!

5. want to boot linux with nt bootmanager-lilo hangs

6. Bind permission denied ?

7. Starting Linux out of NT Bootmanager

8. Please help with libint10a (Ati 3D charger)

9. Boot NT, OS/2, Linux with OS/2-Bootmanager ???

10. bootmanager windows-nt start linux how ?

11. Boot NT, OS/2, Linux with OS/2-Bootmanager ???

12. Need BOOTMANAGER for DOS/win , OS2, LINUX

13. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT