Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA

Post by Mark Kell » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Does any know if a Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA modem works with Linux.
I have one laying around and I wondered if anyone has gottem it to work.  I
know this model needs 2 IRQ's but it is really fast compared to external
models and I would really like to set up and IPMasqerade with it.

Mark

Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA

Post by Darren Gre » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

To the best of my knowledge it will not work, because of the two
IRQ's.

Darren

Quote:>Does any know if a Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA modem works with Linux.
>I have one laying around and I wondered if anyone has gottem it to work.  I
>know this model needs 2 IRQ's but it is really fast compared to external
>models and I would really like to set up and IPMasqerade with it.

>Mark

Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA

Post by Brian Lavend » Mon, 09 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Uuh, the external Motorola Bitsurfr PRO is just as fast as the
internal one. Most tests reflecting slower results use a slower serial
port bottlenecking ISDN. Pacific Commware makes a 16750 serial port
allowing full ISDN bandwidth on an external TA.
http://www.pacificcommware.com/

It has linux support too.

brian

>To the best of my knowledge it will not work, because of the two
>IRQ's.

>Darren

>>Does any know if a Motorola Bitsurfer Pro ISDN ISA modem works with Linux.
>>I have one laying around and I wondered if anyone has gottem it to work.  I
>>know this model needs 2 IRQ's but it is really fast compared to external
>>models and I would really like to set up and IPMasqerade with it.

>>Mark

--------
Brian E. Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/