smalltalk/X on a Debian 2.0.30 system

Post by Vankeerberghen Piet » Mon, 06 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Collegues,

When installing St/X, it says that it can't find the libX11.so.3
library. Note that I got the smalltalk files from Sunsite and that they
are not Debian packages.

Suggestions anyone ? Thanks in advance.

Pieter

Post by J.H.M. Dass » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>When installing St/X, it says that it can't find the libX11.so.3
>library. Note that I got the smalltalk files from Sunsite and that they
>are not Debian packages.

>Suggestions anyone ? Thanks in advance.

libX11.so.3 is the old a.out X library; you can still find it in the
"xcompat" package.

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch

1. What kind of HW needed for a 30 users systems + a system monitor tool ?

 Hi,

We have a performance problem with a SCO UNIX V2.1 system. The sar -u
command gives that the system idle percentage is often 0%.

I think we have to many users on the system. What kind of hardware
is recommended for a 30 user administrative system. Sar gives an average
of 200 processes (30 of the 200 processes are Cobol programs, the rest is
sh, getty, etc)  and 500 open files.

Is their a tool available to see which process eats the most cpu cycles ?

Thanx in advance.

--Sjaak Kaandorp

2. Linux phonemail

3. LILO hangs after new 20/30 GB IDE disk is installed (Debian 2.2)

4. getty dialin respawning

5. 486DLC Debian Linux 2.0.30

6. Network traffic

7. Apache1.2.1/Debian Linux 2.0.30 select() error

8. better script efficiency

9. Local network setup (Debian 2.0.30)

10. Debian 1.3/PPP/2.0.30 kernel help!

11. NYC LOCAL: Monday 3 March 2003 NYC Smalltalk: Introduction to Smalltalk

12. USRobotics Rackmount 30 - Modular Modem System

13. IDE problems (irq timeout) on Linux 2.0.30, ASUS P/I-P6NP5 system