SAMBA and win95

Post by Jeremy Jacobso » Thu, 16 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I've been running a Samba server on my Linux box for some time now, and
a number of WFW 3.11 clients are using its disks and printers. The Win95
PCs seem to be able to access the disks OK, but they can't print. Anyone
run across this one?

--
Jeremy Jacobsohn                         tech staff, Altair Aerospace Corp.
                                         (301) 805 voice -8300, fax -8122

1. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

Howdy
This may be a win95 question
I have 2 win95 boxes logging into a samba "domain" and running login
scripts
I have the two machines both running login scripts and mapping drives
on the samba server no problem at all
but when u add shares that are on other win95 machines it always
prompts me for a password no matter how many times i log into them
it is driving me nuts
i have already deleted the password files on both 95 machines and
tryied it over it still prompts me for a password but only on the
win95 shares the ones on the samba server go thru no problem and no
prompting
if anyone knows how to do this it would be a great help
Jeff

2. Apache, Server Side Include: include

3. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

4. ip problem

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Verifying BPS/MNP/etc. *while connected* with ppp to ISP???

7. Linux/Samba Machine & User Accounts for Samba PDC in samba-2.2.1a Question?

8. Fortune for Solaris 2.x

9. SAMBA, SAMBA, SAMBA

10. SAMBA & Win95 files sharing

11. Samba with Win95 over Internet

12. connecting problems: samba + Win95

13. Samba/Win95/DOS/Linux and long filenames