Linux Boot/Root-disk to connect to NFS-Server ???

Linux Boot/Root-disk to connect to NFS-Server ???

Post by Tobias Vancur » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello everyboy,

I thought it should be possible to make a set of boot/root
diskettes which I would make it possible to use a Win95-Box
as a X-Terminal.

The idea I had was to boot Linux from diskette and directly
connect to another Linux-machine (which is standing just
next to it) via NFS and start X etc. from there.

I am a novice user and have no ida how to accomplish this
task, maybe someone has an idea?

Thanks a lot, Tobias

Tobias Vancura

1. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. wanted: WD7000-FASST jumper settings

3. root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

4. Kernel problems

5. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

6. Connection to internet not working....

7. How to boot from disk and mount root-fs from NFS ?

8. re open stdout

9. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

10. boot/root disk WITH NFS

11. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

12. boot/root disk to boot linux & restore from tape

13. Linux will not boot from the boot/root disks (installing)