Playing DVD movies in Linux?

Post by Scott Savares » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a SCSI DVD-ROM drive for my Linux box which is running RedHat 5.1.
I recently saw an article about this, but don't remember where to find it...I
was wondering if anybody knew of any software  that I can use to decode the
MPEG-2 stream, and play th movie, preferable in one step. Also, I may have to
buy a MPEG-2 decoder card because my machine is only 300 MHz. If anybody knows
of software to drive those cards, it would be very helpful.

Any E-mail would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

--

Playing DVD movies in Linux?

Post by ghelbi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Scott,

Have you looked at http://linuxdvd.corepower.com/  ??

Playing DVD movies in Linux?

Post by emerh.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:09:40 -0800, ghelbig

>Scott,

>Have you looked at http://linuxdvd.corepower.com/  ??

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

They may also have something at http://www.opendvd.org/ in the links
area.

1. DVD/cd-rw fails to play DVD movies

Installed mplayer, ogle and Xine still I cannot play movies.

I can burn cd's using Xcdroast.

This is a Dell Latitude C600 750MHZ 128MB.

Cdrom = /dev/hdc = ide-scsi = /dev/dvd = /dev/cdrom

The hdc = ide-scsi was necessary to burn CD's and perhaps is the root of my problem?

Any ideas how to configure to play movies?

2. Q: killing user deamons - How?

3. Movies, movies, movies!!!

4. c589D

5. DVD movies on Linux ?

6. Error message when installing KDE2

7. DVD movies: Linux & OGLE superior to W2K & player

8. Problem: SuSE 6.0 und dauerhafte SLIP-Verbindung

9. DVD Movies in Linux

10. MP2000 card to play movie under Linux

11. Play movies in Linux

12. Playing CDi MPEG movies on Linux

13. How do I play CD-I Movies in Linux?