SB Live on Asus A7V , Red Hat 7.0 error "device or resource busy"

SB Live on Asus A7V , Red Hat 7.0 error "device or resource busy"

Post by Maris Orbidan » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 04:27:02

Hello

I have SB Live  on Asus A7V  (VIA KT-133 chipset ) motherboard.
Red Hat 7.0 displays error "device or resource busy"  every time I try to
load  emu10k1 module.

I have found following answer in homepage of Creative Labs:

Quote:> Q.A2- I get a "device or resource busy" error when loading the driver
> This is a know bug with ABIT B6 + HPT366 controller motherboards.
> You must not use the `pci=reverse' kernel  option.
> Usually this option is set in /etc/lilo.conf.

But I haven't found any `pci=reverse'  option in lilo.conf   or somewhere
else.
I don't know how to change that option.

Could you give me some advice, please ?
thanx

Maris

1. SB Live on Asus A7V , Red Hat 7.0 error "device or resource busy"

Hello

I have SB Live  on Asus A7V  (VIA KT-133 chipset ) motherboard.
Red Hat 7.0 displays error "device or resource busy"  every time I try to
load  emu10k1 module.

I have found following answer in homepage of Creative Labs:

But I haven't found any `pci=reverse'  option in lilo.conf   or somewhere
else.
I don't know how to change that option.

Could you give me some advice, please ?
thanx

Maris

2. Thanks!! Your advice saved me a ton of time!

3. Help, setup probe can't find modem

4. ppa "Device or resource busy" error

5. network sniffer with non-root permissions

6. Red Hat 5.1 Install and "no valid devices" error

7. another Mach64 problem

8. how to kill "mt" or make "/dev/rmt/..." device NOT BUSY?

9. Linksys/tulip: "Device or resource busy"

10. Unable to use serial terminal: "Device or resource busy"

11. What does "device or resource busy" mean ?

12. mouse -> /dev/mouse "device or resource busy"