Mandrake 6.0 -- rpm database problem

Post by Eugene Gro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How can one repair a corrupt rpm database ? Problem is if I use, e.g,
"rpm -q foo"
I got a "segmentation fault" as answer. This for all installed rpm's.
The same occurs for other rpm options like -e -v . Installing of new rpm
is also no longer possible. I've tried to reinstall (upgrade) the whole
mandrake 6.0 but the install program exit at "scanning packages" point
with a error 11. Under KDE the "package manager" simply exit if I ask to
install or delete a *.rpm file.

Thanks for any help

Eugene

Post by Colin Wats » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>How can one repair a corrupt rpm database ?

'rpm --rebuilddb'. Have a look at 'man rpm'.

--

"Everyone, please welcome our new friend Stef. He's here with us
 because he thinks he's a penguin." - http://www.userfriendly.org/

Mandrake 6.0 -- rpm database problem

Post by Eugene Gro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
I did it according to the man page .. but it exit with that segmentation
fault thing
Thanks

> >How can one repair a corrupt rpm database ?

> 'rpm --rebuilddb'. Have a look at 'man rpm'.

> --

> "Everyone, please welcome our new friend Stef. He's here with us
>  because he thinks he's a penguin." - http://www.userfriendly.org/

1. 6.0 Trouble "No RPM database exists!"

I've downloaded what I think is a complete 6.0 image off of sunsite. I've
got it loaded on my hard drive on my existing 5.2 i386 redhat system in
/tmp/6.0. When I boot off the boot.img image, I get part way in then I
get that message:
No RPM database exists!
I can't proceed from there. Looking in the source of install2.c I find
where it is looking for
/var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm
This is off of some state->rootPath directory. That file exists on my
current system. What gives? Thanks in advance.

-Dave
(Don't try emailing, my address is munged to prevent spam).
--
Email address munged to prevent spamming.

2. Openserver 5 Default gateway

3. Mandrake 6.0 rpm broken

4. perl

5. Mandrake 6.0 kernel-fb-2.2.9-*mdk.i586.rpm package

6. DNAT + ssh - how to forward to localhost

7. Recovering the /var/lib/rpm RPM database?

8. How does X11 determine Sceen Size/Resolution ???

9. Incorporating RPM into RPM "database (depot?)"

10. RPM-database & non-rpm packages

11. Adding Fonts to X in Red Hat 6.0 / Mandrake 6.0

12. RH 6.0 and Mandrake 6.0

13. Installing RPMS on RH 6.0 (Gnome RPM inadequate)