How do I get past the partitions screen?

How do I get past the partitions screen?

Post by Josh Woo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I am new at Linux and wondering how to get past the partitions screen in
setup. Any help would be appreciated.

Josh Wood

How do I get past the partitions screen?

Post by L. Friedma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

HI,
        You get past it by taking care of all necessary partition creation
requirements.  Specifically, create both a swap and a root partition.
Create any other optional partitions, such as home or usr.
        Please provide more info on the specific distro and any error messages
that you're getting if I didn't answer your question.

-L

> Hello,

> I am new at Linux and wondering how to get past the partitions screen in
> setup. Any help would be appreciated.

> Josh Wood

1. how do i mount an extended dos partition or a dos logical partition ?

i need to access/share data with an NT machine (not on a network)
i have 10G removable hard drives
i am trying to put a file system on it to allow access by both linux and
NT
linux won't mount an ntfs file system
the NT person put 4 primary (?) dos partitions on the disk
and if i run fdisk in linux it sees 4 FAT16 partitions
but it will only let me mount the first one

how do i mount the other 3 ?

is there some special way the disk needs to be formated by NT ?

thanks for any help,
dan

2. part.table recovery

3. disklabel: partition c: partition extends past end of unit

4. Starting Out

5. X doesn't get past the login screen...

6. SCSI CDROM not detect

7. Mouse going past the edge of screen?

8. E450....no console or keyboard

9. how do I get past the gray screen in "Caldera Open Linux"?

10. Can't get past the Redhat 9.0 media check screen

11. Can't get past Redhat login screen

12. Can't get past third screen of install

13. newbie: 'ls' scrolls past top of screen