help uninstall linux

Post by Norman Zhan » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

How do you uninstall red hat 5.1? I installed on my secondary partition, and
now I cannot remove the linux partition.

---
Norman Zhang

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/2368

help uninstall linux

Post by Norman Elliot » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Not sure if you can still run Linux. If so and you really are saying you want to
free up the disc space then you start linux, log in, run fdisk then select d,
then choose the linux partition(s) to delete them. Then select w, then q
then shutdown -h now and its gone.
Mind you it may be possible you want to get rid of lilo for which you may need
linux running , I don't know how you start linux so don't do this if your not
sure.
norm

Post by Brian McCaule » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> How do you uninstall red hat 5.1? I installed on my secondary partition, and
> now I cannot remove the linux partition.

Use the "fdisk" utility.  AFAIK a version of the "fdisk" utility is
included with every OS that runs on PC hardware.  One or two OSs have
been known to ship a broken fdisk that can't delete partitions
belonging to other OSs.

I believe the Win95 FDISK is broken.  If you have a Linux or a DOS
boot disk this should get you out of the mess.

It is not clear if this is just imcompetance or an deliberate attempt
to create a rumour "Don't install Linux, it's difficult to remove".

--

  .  _\\__[oo   faeces from    | Phones: +44 121 471 3789 (home)

  # ll  l\\  ~~~~ ~   ~ ~    ~ | http://www.wcl.bham.ac.uk/~bam/
 ###LL  LL\\ (Brian McCauley)  |

1. Help Uninstalling Linux

I hope that some one wil be able to help me solve my problem.

I have installed Linux-Mandrake 7.0 on my existing hard drive and return
it back to Windows completely, but I want to uninstall it because I do not
have enough space on my Linux partition and the LILO will not work
correctly.  If I can do this, I hope to install Linux on another hard
drive.

Thank you,

Dan

2. Windows uptimes - pathetic

3. help, uninstall linux

4. /usr/bin/df reports false size on big NFS shares

5. Help uninstalling Linux/LILO

6. Perl script for deleting files in sub-directories...?

7. Help Uninstall Linux

8. Another minor RedHat 6.1 installation quirk

9. Help UNinstalling Linux

10. Need Help Uninstalling Linux and LILO

11. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

12. HELP! How do I uninstall Linux ?

13. Help Please: How to UNinstall Linux?