/var/adm/messages & syslogd

Post by Jeffrey A. Koest » Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:00:00

A while ago messages quit appearing in /var/adm/messages.  I'm not sure
what I did to cause this.  When I startup and do a ps, syslogd isn't
running.  I also can't run it manually.  Any ideas?

Loops

/var/adm/messages & syslogd

Post by Brad Colly » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>A while ago messages quit appearing in /var/adm/messages.  I'm not sure
>what I did to cause this.  When I startup and do a ps, syslogd isn't
>running.  I also can't run it manually.  Any ideas?

In case you haven't had a reply on this....

This is probably a result of a misconfigured network on your system.
Check your network settings manually or rerun netconfig to correct the
problem.

Brad