can anyone send thru smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com using Netscape

can anyone send thru smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com using Netscape

Has anyone had any success doing this because I can't get it to work.

Post by David Efflan » Fri, 30 May 2003 11:11:11

> Has anyone had any success doing this because I can't get it to work.

Yes, but it may depend which Netscape version.  It worked for me with 6.0,
but I heard that 4.7 does not work.  Note that you have to put % in place

username%sbcglobal.net (or whatever domain you had if a pre-SBC Yahoo user
who has migrated to SBC Yahoo).  I typically use Kmail for my SBC Yahoo
mail, and pine for everything else.

PS: I also got both sendmail and postfix working as SMTP AUTH client to
relay through smtp.*.yahoo.com servers (which are really all CNAMEs for
main server).

1. Win95 box sending goofy DNS requests like WWW\.YAHOO\.COM

Ok, I've got a Linux box running as the server for my little home lan,
IP Masquerading, name server running, etc.  I've had one Win95 box
connected in for quite a while, with no problems.

Then I hooked in my brother's IBM Thinkpad laptop computer.  Set it up,
and hostname lookups weren't working.  On the Linux box, I kicked named
into debug mode and watched what was going on.  It turns out that this
laptop is making it's DNS lookup requests with a \ before each period.
Lookups that do not have a period, work fine.

Anyone else seen this?  Know of a solution, or any help??

TIA

--
Due to the abundance of spamming, action has been taken.  Please remove
the underscore (_) from my address when replying to me.  Spammers,

2. aix sendmail ignoring DMfoo.bar?

3. SMTP only listens on host.domain.com:smtp want *:smtp

4. Kernel buffer glut

5. From netscape browser - resolve name of local site yahoo.com to local site on apache

6. IoMEGA Zip attempt to access beyond end of device

7. Can see yahoo.com but not nvidia.com after kernal compile

8. ipnat

9. Sending emails from a AIX server using a smtp server

10. Send Mail using SMTP?

11. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

12. yahoo smtp linux example please

13. SMTP on RH 7.3 Distro, using POP and SMTP on another server