vim position jumps on save

Post by bruce edg » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 04:16:00

When I save a file, my position jumps to some seemingly random spot in the
file.
How can I even begin to trace down why this is happening?

Thanks, Bruce

vim position jumps on save

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:58:30

Quote:> When I save a file, my position jumps to some seemingly random spot in the
> file.
> How can I even begin to trace down why this is happening?

Remove your .vimrc and your .exrc and the system vimrc. Once you
have got rid of the effect, then proceed by binary search.

Peter

1. Saving window positions

Is there any way to save window positions in fvwm?  Because I usually run
640x480 (my monitor is a little flaky and messes up the screen position
in 800x600 so I have to manually recenter the screen), most applications
I start up are HUGE compared to my screen.  I have to manually resize
them to get them to fit in one screen (rather than having to scroll down
two  or three screens).  The problem is, the window positions aren't
saved so I have to do this all the time...

2. KDE 2.2: Breaks Java Applications?

3. Saving Icon Positions

4. AIX4.2 + xstation120

5. Sawfish Saving Window size/position...

6. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

7. Saving window positions and sizes

8. Full LinuxPPC 2k available anywhere?

9. Saving/restoring the console cursor position?

10. Fvwm95 and saving window positions

11. java/43949: Port java/jump should install jump.jar in shared jars dir

12. Saving Application Window Positions in CDE?

13. VIM: Is this a bug of "vim" ?