ATI XPert@Play AGP On Linux Xfree 86

Post by Matt Bel » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi I just bought my brand new Red Hat Linux Version 5.0
I have know idea what version of Xfree86 it has on it but my AGP

windows it loads but the screen just shows black. Any similar roblems or

suggestions on how to correct this.

Thanks,
Matt

Post by Daniel Duqu » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hi I just bought my brand new Red Hat Linux Version 5.0
> I have know idea what version of Xfree86 it has on it but my AGP

> windows it loads but the screen just shows black. Any similar roblems or

> suggestions on how to correct this.

There are some problems with those AGPs which seem to be fixed in the
last release of XFree86, which is, I think, 3.3.2. Download it and try.
It's in lots of ftp places, and in http://www.xfree86.org .

Bye

--

ATI XPert@Play AGP On Linux Xfree 86

Post by Tom Pfeife » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Dan is right - I can confirm that XFree86 3.3.2 works fine with the ATI

cards when you run XF86Setup. Support for that card is included in the
Mach64 server.

Tom

> Hi I just bought my brand new Red Hat Linux Version 5.0
> I have know idea what version of Xfree86 it has on it but my AGP

> windows it loads but the screen just shows black. Any similar roblems or

> suggestions on how to correct this.

> Thanks,
> Matt

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. textedit

3. ati agp xpert98 8MB the same type as ati agp xpert@play 8MB 3D rage pro?

4. Header Manipulation

5. Linux Xfree86 runs on LX | VP-3 AGP motherboard slot with ATI Xpert@Play | Xpert@Work

6. CASE Tools for LinuxPPC

7. Here we go again: ati xpert 128 and xfree-86?

8. Is Compaq NetFlex/3 supported?

9. ATI Xpert@play AGP, Creative Labs AWE 64 Value -- under Linux

10. ATI xpert@play AGP setup

11. ATI Xpert@Play AGP video card...