Adding packages

Post by Lapdo » Tue, 20 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I'm new to Linux so bear with me...

When you grab an updated package for Linux (xpilot) off the net with a
Dos term prog how do you get it to the HD with Linux to update the old
program.. I hope you know what i mean....

Adding packages

Post by Lapdo » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> I'm new to Linux so bear with me...

> When you grab an updated package for Linux (xpilot) off the net with a
> Dos term prog how do you get it to the HD with Linux to update the old
> program.. I hope you know what i mean....

1. adding package IBM named LUM on Solaris 8 with jumpstart procedure

Hello,

I'm trying to add the LUM package from IBM in jumpstart installation
with the finish script
described in "Advanced installation guide " but it doesn't work .
When I do the pkgadd manually with the same nfs mount before, all is ok
.
The only difference is the R option to pkgadd during the jumpstart (
root path not / but /a/ )
Is this  procedure reserved for SUNWxyz package ? Is there is a mistake
in the doc ?
Does someone use this procedure with success ?
Thanks in advance for help

--
Faivre Dominique        Administrateur systeme

"Comtois rends toi, nenni ma foi !" proverbe franc-comtois.

2. NIS, nsswitch and services map

3. How to add packages without internet?

4. off-line errors w/dot matrix printers

5. Adding packages non-interactively

6. SLIP line, etc

7. adding packages from cd-rom

8. swiched MONITOR and back but cannot run startx any more

9. 7.2 Error adding packages using CD drive

10. Man Pages for added Packages

11. adding packages...

12. how do I add packages after installation?

13. cannot add packages using glint