Dell latitude XPI-CD can't install Unix / Linux

Dell latitude XPI-CD can't install Unix / Linux

Post by John Berc » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm dying on the vine here.  Is there a Unix / Linux that will install on a
Dell Latitude XPI-CD?  I've tried them all with no luck.  Is anyone getting
anywhere ?

1. DELL Latitude XPi Laptop.. Can't install.

: Can anyone tell me why the freebsd (install) kernel won't boot on
: this Dell Laptop? It is dog slow in searching out the devices and then
: when it gets to identifying the hard disk it dies completely and the
: screen goes black.
: 1.something GB IDE disk
: Future Domain SCSI (docking station)
Which hard disk does it hang on? I would try turning off all the unnecessary
devices, BTW [boot with -c and then type "visual"]

Marat

2. 3COM 3c905b and 100MBit

3. Linux Installation under Dell Laptop Latitude XPI 135 without CD ROM

4. Compaq's Mouse Protocol

5. Solaris 7 & Dell Latitude Xpi CD

6. My Var directory is at 100 % capacity

7. PCMCIA networking on Dell Latitude XPi 166 CD

8. backing up linux through the internet

9. X setup on Dell Latitude XPi CD - NeoMagic MagicGraph 128ZV

10. Audio on Dell Latitude XPi CD 133ST

11. Dell Latitude XPi CD and X - strange problem

12. PCMCIA on Dell Latitude XPi CD 150?

13. XWindows on Dell Latitude XPi CD