Network printing

Post by Michael Perlong » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am installing a RH 6.0 partition onto my (otherwise WinNT) computer
and am having problems connecting to my LAN-connected Lexmark printer. I

have read through many HOWTOs and examined the networking configuration.

To my naive view, everything looks alright.

When I attempt to print a document, it can't find the print queue. Does
the printer entry in my /etc/printcap file need to reference /dev/eth0
as the output device?

Michael

Network printing

Post by Seth Rams » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

What do you have in your /etc/printcap?

Quote:>I am installing a RH 6.0 partition onto my (otherwise WinNT) computer
>and am having problems connecting to my LAN-connected Lexmark printer. I

>have read through many HOWTOs and examined the networking configuration.

>To my naive view, everything looks alright.

>When I attempt to print a document, it can't find the print queue. Does
>the printer entry in my /etc/printcap file need to reference /dev/eth0
>as the output device?

>Michael

Seth Ramsey