Create pop3 account on Linux server w/ script (was Re: I need your help)

Create pop3 account on Linux server w/ script (was Re: I need your help)

Post by Bill » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Ok,  I guess I was not descriptive enough.  I am looking for a script that a
user can enter in his own username and password to create an account on a
linux box for email only.he is to have no other rights than to just have
email.  I want to put a link to this script on my  home page so the end user
can create as many emails as he would like.

Bill
http://www.biz-webhost.com
http://www.mooreinternet.com

> > I am currently looking for a script either perl or php3 that will creat
an
> > email account on a linux machine.  I want to offer free email to
customers
> > that I do not have to set up by hand.  Does anyone have or know where to
> > get such a script ?

> Tip: put a descriptive subject

> I suspect that webmin or linuxconf would do the job. Take a look on
> freshmeat.net for them.

Create pop3 account on Linux server w/ script (was Re: I need your help)

Post by Jonathan Voig » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:27:49

Search freshmeat... there is a login daemon that you can use to do that....

They telnet in, type new, and create a new account -you can configure the
account that they create the way you want..ie. mail only etc. etc...

--
Jonathan Voigt

www.voicomm.com - Linux/Unix Resources

1. pop3 server with webinterface to manage pop3 accounts

Hi

I'm using debian woody and am looking for an pop3 mail server, with a
webinterface, where a user could manage the email accounts over a browser
(add new email accoutns, change passwort, delete them.. and so on). I
installed the courier pop3-server because i thought the webadmin interface
would be something like that.. but unfortunately it wasn't ;(
Does anybody have a suggestion of a server, which supports that?

thanks

Ronney

2. Mail Woes

3. (Updated) POP3 fetching from one to multiple accounts (Help needed!!!)

4. how do I install/run ssh

5. Need help configuring pop3 server on RH 7.1 server with xinetd

6. ESS 1869 pci sound for compaq

7. How do I create POP3 accounts

8. tuning apache for heavy load

9. Creating a POP3 email account

10. Linux server and multipile POP3 accounts

11. email account issue Linux pop3 mail server

12. Linux server and multipile POP3 accounts

13. NEED HELP - Creating Anonymous FTP Account