sawfish dead but gnome keeps flopping around - need help!

sawfish dead but gnome keeps flopping around - need help!

Post by nationalradi » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 10:10:50

i'm a frequently frustrated newbie running Redhat 7.0.   i was clicking
around the desktop....nothing special....just clicking, and suddenly my
windows manager died.
when i go into the gnome desktop settings to look at sawfish
information/settings, it says sawfish is not running.   what files and what
entries do i need to check or modify to get sawfish executing when i use
gnome?   thanks for your help!

nationalradio

sawfish dead but gnome keeps flopping around - need help!

Post by mjt » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 07:27:26

1. helix-gnome & sawfish panel menu, help

Hi,

I am using helix-gnome 1.2 with linuxPPC 2000.  My window manager is
cureently sawfish.  Platform is PowerMac 7300.

When I attempt to popup the panel menu with right button click (option-3)
nothing happens.  Yet when I do the same in either WindowMaker or
enlightenment I get the panel popup menu (allowing me to manipulate its
contents).  I tried the FAQ, searching the list archives, the
sawfish(mill) FAQ and docs, and still can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

tia

--
***     Luc Lefebvre
NOTE:   if your reply via email

2. partitition advice neede for 15GB HD

3. IDE Disk Dead Dead Dead after X Config

4. rsh,rcp etc...

5. Gnome needs E, E don't need Gnome

6. Printing from Ultra10/Solaris8 to WIN98 shared printer?

7. Async on AIX 3.2 on 220 DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!!!

8. New Gnome and E and Sawfish?

9. Sawfish and gnome thingie!

10. GNOME/Sawfish Corruption

11. GNOME/Sawfish corruption