Get error 0x08 while loading ramdisk ?

Post by Alex van Gul » Thu, 12 Jan 1995 19:17:33

Hello world.

I am using Linux Slackware 1.2 and I wish to move up to 2.1. When I try to
boot with the scsinet kernel I get these error messages:

        boot:
        Error 0x08
        boot: ramdisk

        etcetera

I can use the floppy from msdos and from my current Linux setup. The harddisk
I have is a Quantum PD700S SCSI with an Adaptec AHA 1540CF/1542CF controller.
The controllers settings are:

        adress  330
        IRQ      11
        DMA       5
        SCSI ID   7

Can anyone tell me what Error 0x08 menas? I checked the LILO faq, but only
error 0x04 was described.

If more dats is needed or when you have an answer, please mail to:

Thanks in advance,

Alex

1. Error while loading ramdisk: Error 0x08

Hello, world.

I am having some problems with my slackware 1.1.2. I wanted to Linux this
morning (new verb), but my root filesystem came up as read-only. So I
tried to boot with the bootkernel to be able to edit some files on my
root-partition. But after I typed mount root=/dev/sda2, which is my
Linux root-filesystem, I get the message Error 0x08. After that it
continuously tries to boot, but the same error message appears.

Then I tried booting the ramdisk, but no results either. In fact, the
same error message appears. I really don't understand this, because I
installed Linux with the same bootkernel flop.

I anyone has any suggestions, thanks in advance.

2. Help with video Modelines, please

3. bootdisk error 0x08 loading ramdisk

4. Cursor keys and emacs

5. problem with creating ramdisk: kernel loads, but hangs when it tries to mount ramdisk

6. Java For Linux?????

7. : SLS a1 Error 0x04 Loading ramdisk

8. Does "Iomega HDD 20 GB usb 2.0" work with linux?

9. RH6.0 - Error loading Ramdisk

10. ERROR 0x01 when ramdisk starts to load

11. intallation error when loading data into ramdisk

13. Error loading ramdisk