Ghostscript and Canon BJ-200

Post by Mike Corbi » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
Anyone have any luck using this printer with ghostscript?  The fonts
look terrible both on the printer and with Ghostview.  Also parts of
lines of text do not print and there is blank space in its place. If
anyone has had any luck please email me because I do not always get a
chance to read this news group.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Post by Juergen Exn » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

->   Anyone have any luck using this printer with ghostscript?  The fonts
->   look terrible both on the printer and with Ghostview.  Also parts of
->   lines of text do not print and there is blank space in its place. If
->   anyone has had any luck please email me because I do not always get a
->   chance to read this news group.

Never had any problem with this configuration, printing is just fine.
Be sure to set up dvips (and ghostscript for a resolution of 360 dpi,
as the default is 300.
This may cause a bitmap resize of 20% which will look very ugly.

I will send you my printcap by email.

Greetings jue

Post by Erick Gonzále » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> ->   Anyone have any luck using this printer with ghostscript?  The fonts
> ->   look terrible both on the printer and with Ghostview.  Also parts of
> ->   lines of text do not print and there is blank space in its place. If
> ->   anyone has had any luck please email me because I do not always get a
> ->   chance to read this news group.

> Never had any problem with this configuration, printing is just fine.
> Be sure to set up dvips (and ghostscript for a resolution of 360 dpi,
> as the default is 300.
> This may cause a bitmap resize of 20% which will look very ugly.

> I will send you my printcap by email.

> Greetings jue

I have that setup working too, and it works beatifully. I haven't had
any problem with it...

Erick

Post by Justin Parry-Oked » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Hello,
>Anyone have any luck using this printer with ghostscript?  The fonts
>look terrible both on the printer and with Ghostview.  Also parts of
>lines of text do not print and there is blank space in its place. If
>anyone has had any luck please email me because I do not always get a
>chance to read this news group.

>Thanks in advance,
>Mike

If you find anything out about the BJ200 could you pls let me know, I was
thinking of purchaseing one(what do you think of it)

Thanks in advance
Justin Parry-Okeden

1. Printcap for Canon BJ-200

I just purchased a Canon BJ-200 printer for my computer and am having trouble
finding a printcap file for it.  If there is anyone out there that may have
one or knows were to get one,  I'd appreciate it.  Also,  if there are any other
files or filters or whatever that may make my printer run more efficently I'd
appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

---
Jaroslaw Knap
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ
phone: (602) 965 3604
fax  : (602) 965 1384

2. umc8672 problem

3. Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

4. (OT) Suddenly, 5x3 becomes understood to me

5. printcap entry for Canon BJ-200??

6. Dosemu won't start - segmentation fault - why

7. Canon BJ-200??

8. Linux Driver for CSC-AK47

9. Ghostview and Canon BJ-200

10. How to print on Canon BJ-200 from Netscape

11. Canon BJ-200 printcap..

12. Canon BJ-200 Driver?

13. DVIPS AND CANON BJ-200