Duplex (Double page) printing on a HP 5Si MX

Duplex (Double page) printing on a HP 5Si MX

Post by Hitosh » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I would like to know how to configure Linux (Red Hat 6.0) so that I can
print double-sided on a HP 5Si Mx printer.

Thanks for any help.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Printing on HP LaserJet 5Si MX, duplex

Hi,
we have an HP LaserJet 5Si MX duplex Printer with 4 trays, DINA3 and
DINA4.

Here my /etc/printcap entry on my linux machine:

lp1|grisu:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=<here_the_ip ;-)> :\
        :rp=lp1:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp1:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/log:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/acct:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

How can I select a special tray and how can I say ,,print this
Postscript
file in duplex mode'' ?

At this time I use:

lpr -Plp1 file.ps
... this will print one side on one page (non duplex) and
uses paper from tray 1.

Any help?

Viele Gr?e aus Stuttgart ;-)
Veikko

--
V. Wnsche

http://www.mz.iao.fhg.de/wuensche/

2. downloading a source file

3. Printing to HP Laserjet 5SI/MX

4. Override dhcp broadcast address?

5. HP 5si mx prints to Tray 3 instead of Tray 2

6. tapeutil

7. Changing printer options (HP 5Si MX)???

8. Advice wanted on mutual exclusion

9. printcap entries for special options on HP 5SI/MX printer?

10. Need help to set up HP 5Si MX printer

11. 5SI MX prints on 11x17 paper

12. Printing a pdf file duplex and 4 pages per page to a postscript printer

13. Postscript file can't print out on HP 5si