HOWTO Erase OnTrack Disk Manager

Post by Bob Russe » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

This is from my own hair-pulling, tech calling, FAQ searching experience
trying to get rid of OnTrack Disk Manager so I could finally read my
primary (DOS) drive from the secondary (Linux) drive. It's very simple,
but you WILL have to re-format the DOS drive:

1)  Backup your data! Remember to save the restore-program as well.

2)  Create a CLEAN boot-disk (no config.sys): "format a: /s/v".

3)  You might want to copy FDISK and FORMAT onto the floppy, as well.

4)  Check your BIOS setup to make sure the boot sequence is "A:, C:" and
    not the other way around. (This really threw me off until I had an
    inspiration to check it!  Nowhere is this mentioned in any FAQ or by
    any tech I dealt with.)

5)  Boot from the floppy.

6)  Running FDISK will now show a "Non-DOS partition".   Delete it.

7)  Make a new Primary partition and set it as Active.  Exit FDISK.

8)  FORMAT the partition: "format c: /s".

9)  Re-boot to the hard drive for a clean machine...

10) Happy days are here again.... :)

Hope this helps anyone that's going through what I had to.

--
|  The *s will continue     |          Bob Russell            |

|                                  |   http://www.veryComputer.com/~bobruss/  |
|         The Management.          |    San Rafael  Marin  CA  USA   |

HOWTO Erase OnTrack Disk Manager

Post by Ethan Shay » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

Actually, I think you can remove Disk Manager by running their
"DM" program with the "/Y-" flag.

                        Ethan Shayne

1. Large Hard Disk With Ontrack Disk Manager

Maybe someone can help me with this.  I know that this is probably a
common question but does anyone know how to set up windows 95 and
linux on a 1.2 gig hard disk that is using ontrack disk manager.  I
would like for the windows 95 partition to be about 800 meg and the
linux partiton to be about 400 meg.  My computer requires that I use
the disk manager because I have an older bios.  I have been told that
I need Linux kernel version 1.3.30 or above.  Is this correct and if
so where can I get it.

- Gene Webster

2. Acquiring the MAC address

3. Western Digital - Ontrack Disk Manager & FIPS??

4. java tutorials for freebsd?

5. LILO and OnTrack Disk Manager Woes

6. screen resolutions better under linux than windows - why?

7. Removing Ontrack Disk Manager

8. RH 6.2 - NFSV3???

9. Linux and Ontrack Disk Manager

10. Ontrack Disk Manager

11. ontrack disk manager and solaris x86

12. Ontrack Disk Manager support?

13. #HELP# WD 1.2G+ontrack disk manager=Linux OR dos !!