RH5.0 Installing a parallel zip drive

Post by C Harpe » Sun, 22 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Any help appreciated

1. RH5.0 Install of Parallel Zip Drive

I'm having difficulty with the RH5.0 installation process and my
parallel port ZIP drive.  During the Installation program, RH5.0 is not
able to find my parallel ZIP, even though it's right there on LPT2 --
even Win95 can find it.

Reading the ZIP mini-HOWTOs, I noted that the PPA driver defaults to
0x378 as the base I/O -- which, in my system, is LPT1.  When the Install
program failed to autoprobe, I went to the Options screen and entered
every variation of 0x278 (the base I/O for LPT2 on my system), including
ppa=0x278.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this.

Regards,
Mark Peacock

2. cdrecord [READ ERRORS]

3. parallel zip drive + additional parallel card

4. Internet verbindung klapt nicht

5. Iomega ZIP parallel zip drive under red hat linux 6.0 problem solved

6. Large HD & Boot Partition

7. Newbie : How to install/configure a parallel port ZIP drive?

8. ZOC: the new SSH-Client for OS/2 and Windows 95/98/NT

9. Install Linux from floppies or parallel ZIP drive?

10. problems installing Zip drive (parallel port)

11. Install Linux from a parallel port zip drive?

12. Need Help Installing Parallel Port ZIP Drive??

13. Problems installing Zip drive (parallel port)