Intel motherboard and sound

Post by Mart Palma » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:25:19

Red Hat 8.0
Motherboard Intel D845GVAD2 with integrated sound.

Does not work. :-( Any solutions?

Intel company support ignores my e-mails. They seem to support only
Micro$oft.

1. Sound: Problem with Intel motherboard, onboard sound

Running redhat linux 2.2.14-5.0

I tried to do a sndconfig but it came up with the not supported problem, ie
Model: Intel Corporation|82801AA                 82810 AC'97 Audio is not
supported.

I tried other cards with the noprobe option but to no avail.
This led me to download alsa sound driver and it appeared to install ok, but
no sound
is coming out when i play sound files...

Can I use a later linux version that may have support ?
Is there any other alsa drivers or rpm for sound drivers out there ?

Thanks,
Nick

2. Network Collisions

3. Sound with Intel AL440LX motherboard with integrated OPL3?

4. Need someone on Boston area to install RedHat 5.1 on intel system

5. Sound Problems on Intel PD440FX (Portland) Motherboard

6. Problem with Real Player 8

7. Help with Yamaha onboard sound on Seattle2 Intel motherboard

8. pkgadd failure

9. Intel EV Motherboard built-in sound?

10. no sound on rh7.3 install on Intel D850MVL Motherboard

11. Intel ICH4 based motherboard , IDE drives and sound-- kernel-2.4.19.16mdk-1-1mdk

12. Intel's tc430hx motherboard + sound??

13. Intel Endeavor Motherboard w/ Sound Chip