Problem supporting SB-MCD & TEAC CD-55A

Post by Bill Bia » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I can't seem to get my CD-55A working.  sbpcd discovers the drive
properly, then seems to send commands to it that open an close the
CD carrier.  After this initialization sequence the drive stops
responding.  I can't even get the disk carrier to open by pressing
the button on the front panel.  During the intialization a status
of FFFFFFF9 gets returned after the drive is discoverd and the carrier
opens and closes.  I don't know if its useful info or not but does
anyone have any ideas?

Bill B.

Post by Gregory D. Nowic » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I can't seem to get my CD-55A working.  sbpcd discovers the drive
>properly, then seems to send commands to it that open an close the
>CD carrier.  After this initialization sequence the drive stops
>responding.  I can't even get the disk carrier to open by pressing
>the button on the front panel.  During the intialization a status
>of FFFFFFF9 gets returned after the drive is discoverd and the carrier
>opens and closes.  I don't know if its useful info or not but does
>anyone have any ideas?

>Bill B.

Common proble with old sbpcd code...
Sounds like you're running version 3.6 - upgrade to 3.7 which is
contained in Linux version 1.2.9+

Good luck,

-Greg

/* Greg Nowicki | Mail Stop 401A | LIDAR Applications Group */
/* NASA Langley Research Center  | Hampton, *ia  23681-0001 */
/* Voice: (804) 864-2713         | FAX: (804) 864-7790 */

1. TEAC CD-55A + SB16-MCD + sbpcd.o = nothing?

Hello.  I'm having no success with the combination in the title --
Linux (RedHat 4.0) + sbpcd.o module + TEAC CD-55A 4x cdrom drive
+ SoundBlaster 16 Multi-CD (using the panasonic interface).

The SB16-MCD uses I/O in the 0x300's.  Mine's set to 0x340, and
I have a line in the conf.modules that reads
options sbpcd sbpcd=0x340,1
I see in the messages that sbpcd is probing there, but it never finds
the drive.  The drive grinds a little when sbpcd probes
0x230 (Sound Blaster).
This all used to work when I used a 1x Mitsumi drive and the SB16's
Mitsumi interface, with the mcd.o module.  Any tips would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

2. Gnome-terminal and Solaris 9

3. Need sbpcd.h & sbpcd.c setup for TEAC CD-55A using TEAC interface card!

4. mysterious web server crashes

5. SB16 MCD + TEAC 55A --> NO CD Sound

6. X and 3Dlabs Permedia 2

7. Teac CD-55A/SBPro supported by Linux??

8. theessentialpenguins.co.uk

9. Teac CD-55A slackware support?

10. Will linux support a Teac CD-55A CDROM Drive

11. Support for Teac CD-55A?

12. Teac CD-55A Support?

13. TEAC CD 55A w/SB AWE32