Stty questions for serial port modem

Post by Scott M. Navarr » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 05:31:22

Hello,

  I have a modem connected to a serial port and need to suppress the EOT
(End Of Transmission) signal.  Under SCO OpenServer, you could use the
command 'stty' on the port with the option 'raw' which would take care of
this.  Linux (at least RH7) does not seem to define 'raw' the same way for
'stty'?
  I want the modem to stay connected after the transmission.  We are using
the modem to print to a remote printer connected directly to a modem at the
remote site.  When we print to the serial port (through the modems to the
printer) it works... but as soon as the program that is doing the printing
ends, the modem hangs up regardless of whether it finished printing
everything in it's buffer.  We are using BASIS Pro5 program to do the
printing, which we have done successfully in the past under SCO
OpenServer...

Thanks for any help or tips,
  Scott Navarre

1. Stty questions for serial port modem

[...]

2. Console on terminals???

3. Serial port to serial port with null modem cable

4. Neurotic mouse

5. Need help with stty on serial port.

6. Request for comments on proposed Linux in Graphic Arts project.

7. Serial port printer! Stty settings???????

8. Java and pre2.0.5?

9. serial port setting using stty?

10. Serial Port / Modem question

11. Serial Port/ Modem Question