soundblaster live

Post by Chad Peipe » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have SuSE 6.0 and I cannot get my card configured.
I downloaded the beta drivers but can not succesfully get the driver
working with a recompiled kernel.

Anybody have a soundblaster live card with Suse?
Thanks
Chad

,,______________________________________________________________________
||____________|O___I____,.::"|____}___I___Chad Evan Peiper__K9NOR_______
||_o___|%.____|____I___|"____|___{____I____Violinist-of-all-trades___________

||____O|___________I__O|______________I______University of Illinois, UC____

soundblaster live

Post by Ronald Hayne » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I just got the soundblaster live to work, at
least with .wav files...

recompile the kernel with sound support loaded as a module,
remove all other drivers from the sound config part...
compile the kernel and install the modules...

Copy the sblive.o file to /lib/modules/whatever

then do a:

        modprobe soundcore
        insmod -f sblive

good luck..