UFS and Linux 2.2.12

Post by Bruce W. Bigb » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi, I'm trying to mount a ufs file system on a Zip disk. After
executing,

modprobe ufs

I execute the following,

mount -t ufs /dev/sdb1 /mnt/zipufs

mount keeps saying that the /dev/sdb1 is an invalid block device. What's
going on? Does UFS work under 2.2.12? I formatted this zip disk under
Solaris 2.5.1. The root partition shows up as SunOS root and /dev/sdb3
shows up as Whole disk.

Thanks.  Please respond by e-mail.
--
Bruce W. Bigby
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bigbyofrocny

1. linux kernel 2.2.12 and DAC-960

I am running a redhat 6.1 box on an Intergraph Interserve (Integraph?!?!
I know they stopped making computers) with dual Pentium Pro 133 mHz
processors and a 3-channel Mylex DAC960 pci firmware 1.x. I haven't been
able to make either mandrake, debian or redhat see the Mylex, so I just
used the onboard Adaptec card. However, I just got in a few 4.3 gb
drives and I wanted to take linux off the 2 gig drive and throw it on
the Mylex card. I still can't get any distro to see the card. I've even
looked at the drivers and can't find anything to help me. The card is
registered as being busy so the kernel can't grab it. Any fixes? Anyone
else heard of this problem?

2. RH51, WindowMaker 0.19.2 i386 RPM, and Seg Faults

3. Linux 2.2.12 problem with X

4. If you didn't believe in strict OUTPUT filtering

5. Re drivers for Intel 82562ET network Card on Linux 2.2.12-20

6. SLS/UltraStor 34F Question

7. NIS using Corel Linux 2.2.12

8. changing one-digit month/day strings to two digits

9. Linux Kernel Modules 2.2.12 question

10. forwarding with linux 2.2.12

11. Linux 2.2.12 with ASUS P5A motherboard onchip sound

12. MTD/JFFS and Flash 28F640 on Linux kernel 2.2.12

13. Divert sockets for Linux 2.2.12