More Phillips LMS CDROM stuff

Post by Ron Reisn » Wed, 28 Dec 1994 07:53:49

I have a single speed Phillips LMS CDROM, 1.1.59 kernel and the LMS
patch. One problem, my drive was bundled with a SB-Pro as a controller.
How do I set Linux up to use the sound card as the CD's controller. The
drive is mounted as read-only and the other stuff but it still won't
work. All advice is greatly welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Linux, it's not an Operating System. It's an adventure.

Post by David Konerdi » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 14:20:22

: I have a single speed Phillips LMS CDROM, 1.1.59 kernel and the LMS
: patch. One problem, my drive was bundled with a SB-Pro as a controller.
: How do I set Linux up to use the sound card as the CD's controller. The
: drive is mounted as read-only and the other stuff but it still won't
: work. All advice is greatly welcomed.
: Thanks in advance.
hi, where did uuo find this patch?  if I can get a copy of it, I will
test it on my phillips lms cm26 and see if the same things happens.

: Linux, it's not an Operating System. It's an adventure.

  O~_    ------  David Konerding (University of California, Santa Cruz)

1. Phillips LMS 205MS cdrom driver

Is anyone currently working on the Phillips LMS 205MS cdrom
driver for Linux?

I just ordered the product spefications from Phillips about the
cdrom drive and am planning to write such a driver.

Scott Hassan

Scott W. Hassan                                   "The trees know something

                                                   cats in their prance."

2. Finger reports home directories incorrectly

3. LMS/Phillips CM-205 CDROM Support

4. Can I have both a.out and ELF SVGALib?

5. phillips lms cdrom 206

6. Adaptec 2842VL

7. Phillips LMS CDROM kernel patch

8. PPPd - I can't get it to compile into the kernel

9. Updated LMS/Phillips CM206 cdrom driver?

10. ProStar 9400: LMS/Phillips CDROM driver

11. Phillips LMS CM205 CDROM

12. Phillips/LMS CM205 with Yggdrasil F94?

13. I nned a Phillips\LMS boot disc