Error while booting Red Hat 6.0

Post by Bryce Thornto » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have been trying to install Red Hat Linux 6.0 for a long time now.  I
have an Ultra ATA 66 Hard Drive that caused a lot of problems.  Well, I
finally figured out how to make linux recognize my hard drive and got it
to install the files.  Now, when I go to boot up Linux it gives me the
following error.

 request-module[block-major-33]:Root fs not mounted
 VFS:Cannot open root device 21:05
 Kernel panic:VFS:unable to mount root fs on 21:05

I assume fs is referring to file system.  I don't know what the rest of
the message is talking about.  I am new to linux and would LOVE to get it
running as soon as possible.  Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Bryce Thornton

Post by rohan_dho.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

when I go to boot up Linux it gives me the
Quote:> following error.

>  VFS:Cannot open root device 00:30
>  Kernel panic:VFS:unable to mount root fs on
00:30

> I assume fs is referring to file system.  I

don't know what the rest of
Quote:> the message is talking about.  I am new to

linux and would LOVE to get it

Quote:> running as soon as possible.  Any help would be
appriciated.

> Thanks,
> Rohan Dhoble

> --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0 LILO Boot.

CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0  LILO Boot.

Dear Friends,

Hi! There. I have 2 hard disks on my pc. On my first hard disk (fat 32
file system 8  gb) I have  4 prtitions and windows 95 installed on it.
On my seconmd hard disk (2.5 gb) I am trying to install Linux. Teh
problem is that the installation goes on smoothly. The problem arises
that after rebooting in LILO boot when I enter Linux.. I get

crc error

-- System Halted.

Please could anybody give me a clue that why I am getting this problem.

Also please note that the hard disk on which I am installing Linux is a
Secondary master hard disk and 8 gb hard disk is primary master hard
disk.

Any type of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks In Advcance

Vikram

please reply to

2. Filemanager...

3. Sol 8 Intel -installation problem

4. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

5. Has anyone gotten Stacker 3.x to work under dosemu0.49?

6. Trouble Booting Red Hat 6.0

8. Adding Fonts to X in Red Hat 6.0 / Mandrake 6.0

9. linux will not boot---Red Hat 6.0

10. problems while booting Red Hat 6.0

11. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

12. Red Hat 6.0 doesn't boot!