Howto define Sun-Keys on a Linux (MF 102) keyboard?

Howto define Sun-Keys on a Linux (MF 102) keyboard?

Post by Johannes Heineck » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I have desperately tried to configure my keyboard under XFree86
to have some keys behave like the Sun-Keys open, front, cut, paste, copy,
using xmodmap. Meanwhile I know the keycodes, but I do not know the
right side of the .Xmodmap entries, e.g:
keycode 111 = ????

Unfortunately all docs, howtos etc. I consulted didn't help.
Anybody out there with experience?

Thanks in advance!

Johannes Heinecke
Computerlinguistik
Humboldt Universit"at zu Berlin

http://www.compling.hu-berlin.de/~johannes

1. Sun Keys on MF-Keyboard (102 keys)

Dear all,

I'd like to configure my Linux X-Keyboard to have
the keys used on Suns as well. How can I manage,
that [PrtScr], [SrcLck], [Pause], [grey -], [grey +]
function as copy, cut, paste, front, open?

The Second problem is, on Xemacs M-w should copy a marked
string into the kill-ring, but my Linux closes the xterm.

What is wrong? All my tries with xmodmap failed.
Thanks for any hint!
Johannes

--

Johannes Heinecke
Computerlinguistik
Humboldt Universit"at zu Berlin

http://www.compling.hu-berlin.de/~johannes

2. >>> F R E E V A C A T I O N S........REALLY !!! <<<

3. RH 6.1 install with 102-key (Int.) keyboard anyone?

4. Funny location for .a libs in XFree86.3.1.2 ?

5. Xterm VT100/102 function keys

6. Linux Firewall in Microsoft Network

7. Portuguese, 103 or 102 Keyboard keymaps

8. ibm.net PPP Connection?

9. Third Party harddisk for SUN Storage Array 102

10. how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

11. Help: Want to define a new key on my keyboard

12. defining keyboard keys with 3.2v4.2

13. Defining a Keyboard Key