anyone install kde package on slackware?

anyone install kde package on slackware?

Post by Brian Lavend » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I got the KDE package for slackware on
http://www.slackware.com/packages/current/xap/
http://www.slackware.com/packages/current/xap/kde.tgz

http://www.slackware.com/packages/current/xap/qt_1_42.tgz

which links to ftp.cdrom.com and installed the packages on Slackware
3.6 and it rocks!
In order to make it work I had to remove the qt_1_41.tgz package and
install just the qt_1_42.tgz package. I then installed the kde.tgz
package.

I have to say I am impressed.

brian
--------------------
Brian Lavender
Sacramento, CA
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"If a train station is where the train stops,
what is a workstation?" -- Phil Adamson

1. slackware package install problem

hey all,
    recently installed slackware for the first time, and un into problems
trying to install some packages. I had an rpm of lsof, and decidedd to
install it, i am told i required libc.so.6 (or something similar) to be able
to run lsof - yet installing open office found libc, and installed fine. I
trried to install the most recent libc to see if i could get any results - i
am then told to install libc i require /bin/sh, and /usr/bin/perl - well
both these applications are installed, and exactly where they should be. I
am at a dead end

thanks in advance for any suggestions

nick

2. libXm.so .1

3. Problems installing packages in Slackware 7

4. Want to set up GNOME. What's the shortest path?

5. Help: cannot install any slackware package on Versa 4080h

6. Strange syslog entry

7. Pkgtool fra Slackware 1.2.0 won't install new packages

8. HP laser filters available?

9. How do I install the slackware package from my hard drive?

10. installing 'packages' with Slackware

11. Installing RedHat packages with Slackware on

12. Installing a Debian package into a Slackware box

13. Installing new packages in Slackware