Error opening security Policy File after partition during install

Error opening security Policy File after partition during install

Post by Crispi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Did a low level format on my drive, reinstalled 95 on 2gig fat 16 partition,
leaving 1.5 G left of drive for red hat.

Still when I partition / and swap on 6.1 install, I hit next and get "Error
opening security Policy File"

I have also run fdisk /mbr in dos, and its made no difference.

I have used Mandrake on the same hardware before, with no problems.

Any Help

Error opening security Policy File after partition during install

Post by webmaste » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

all I can say is my experience with errors concerning partitions on
harddrives.
what I found my problem was the way I let fdisk find the harddrive when in
the bios I had
chosen the harddrive as normal.
example.
fdisk = 3 partitions of 1 gig dos/windows fat 16
bios = normal /chs harddrive

that didn't work, I would get all kinds of funny errors.
but
fdisk = 0 partitions
bios = large harddrive access

then redid fdisk partitions leaving 2 gig's
for disk druid to cut into and all was fine.
I hope this helps a little.

------
the path to enlightenment is truly through linux!
http://www.tealnet.com/linux

Quote:> Did a low level format on my drive, reinstalled 95 on 2gig fat 16
partition,
> leaving 1.5 G left of drive for red hat.

> Still when I partition / and swap on 6.1 install, I hit next and get
"Error
> opening security Policy File"

> I have also run fdisk /mbr in dos, and its made no difference.

> I have used Mandrake on the same hardware before, with no problems.

> Any Help

Error opening security Policy File after partition during install

Post by Crispi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Doesn't really help, but thank you. I have previously run red had six on
this machine with the same HDDs, same partition setup.

I did the text install last night instead (very happy to see the old install
method).

I get as far as it picking up my video card (s3 Trio 64V+), and then I get
type 11 errors telling me to restart my machine. Red hat attributes this to
hardware probelms, which I find ridiculous, as my hardware has been fine
before for red hat.

I have turned off the cache from the bios (as per redhat's suggestion), and
still get the type 11s.

I have 80megs of RAM, so I am going to take out the 2 8s and see what
happens.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

> all I can say is my experience with errors concerning partitions on
> harddrives.
> what I found my problem was the way I let fdisk find the harddrive when in
> the bios I had
> chosen the harddrive as normal.
> example.
> fdisk = 3 partitions of 1 gig dos/windows fat 16
> bios = normal /chs harddrive

> that didn't work, I would get all kinds of funny errors.
> but
> fdisk = 0 partitions
> bios = large harddrive access

> then redid fdisk partitions leaving 2 gig's
> for disk druid to cut into and all was fine.
> I hope this helps a little.

> ------
> the path to enlightenment is truly through linux!
> http://www.tealnet.com/linux

> > Did a low level format on my drive, reinstalled 95 on 2gig fat 16
> partition,
> > leaving 1.5 G left of drive for red hat.

> > Still when I partition / and swap on 6.1 install, I hit next and get
> "Error
> > opening security Policy File"

> > I have also run fdisk /mbr in dos, and its made no difference.

> > I have used Mandrake on the same hardware before, with no problems.

> > Any Help

1. error opening security policy file

i get the following error after using disk druid and clicking next...
"error opening security policy
file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy"

it goes to a text screen and give me the error and then reboots the
machine and my hd is back to the way it was before i ran disk druid

thanks for any help...

2. cannot find -lX11 on RedHat 6.2

3. os question

4. error openning security policy file

5. Problem loading CDE with Exceed on Solaris 2.8 - HELP

6. "Fatal error opening RPM database" during LinuxPPC R4 install

7. acroread for alpha linux (RH 7.2) ?

8. RedHat: "Fatal Error opening RPM database" during install

9. Too Many Files Open Error During Shared Memory Attach

10. Disk Partition Error During Install

11. bad partition table error during Partition Check