Hard disk activity monitor...

Post by Kueh, Anthon » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any hard disk activity monitoring tool for Linux? I
know that for various other commercial platforms (Sun, AIX, etc)..
there's a tool that will show the read/write/seek activities on the hard
drives. Does such a thing exist for Linux?

-Tony

 Anthony Kueh              Department of Computer Sciences

 Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test
 a man's character, give him power.       -- Abraham Lincoln

1. hard disk activity

My hard disk is way too active when I'm idle in OpenWindows.
I'll be idle, but the disk will always "whir" then "clunk"
periodically.  This drives me crazy, and couldn't be good for the
disk.  Is there some setting/parameter that will fix this?
(2.0.0 on my Fujitsu Milan laptop.)

Thanks for any help,
Steve

2. LDAP with unix authentication

3. Hard Disk Activity

4. compression on HP DAT40e tape drive

5. Tool to monitor disk activity ?

6. URGENT Help: tcp patch Sol 2.5 -> data corruption ??

7. Disk Activity Monitor

8. Serching good VL/PCI for Cx586

9. Replacing Hard Disk - Copying Linux system to new Hard Disk ????

10. How to lock the bad sectors on the hard disk without reformatting the hard disk !!??

11. Ultra 5 IDE hard disks - can I use any PC hard disk?

12. can we copy an installed Linux on a hard disk onto another hard disk

13. monitoring hard disk performance?