trn and rn news readers reporting out of memory

trn and rn news readers reporting out of memory

Post by Jerry Lavi » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I cannot run 'trn' or 'rn' to read news!!!  I've really run into a stumbling
block here.  Here's the thing:

linux# free
             total     used     free      shared    buffers
Mem:         14632     10112    4520      2496         1920
-/+ buffers:           8192     6440
Swap:        18108     2924     15184

I am using an NNTP SERVER.  The swap space looks as if there's plenty of
available memory.

nn and tin BOTH WORK without any problems!  trn and rn start to run and go
through the listing of groups but when ready to go into the first group to
read, it says (out of memory) trn: caught internal problem and the process
dies.

I have Linux 1.2.13 with Slackware 3.0.0
trn version 3.6

Even if I do a 'catch up' on articles except the last 5 or so, it always
bombs!

Thanks for your time and info.

--

// Jerry Lavis
// Soffront Software

1. How do you do multiple screen jump in rn news reader?

Hi all, does anyone know how to skip thourgh more than one screenful of
article text?  This would be very handy if you are reading a very long
article.  In MORE environment, you can do this by typing:  xf  where
x is a number.  However this does not work in rn.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Tom

2. Problems with APACHE!

3. A question about rn news reader

4. PING, but not TELNET

5. TRN News reader

6. Ethernet trafic?

7. New access to popular Solaris forum via news (NNTP) readers -- pan, nn, gnus, trn, etc.

8. McDonald’s Money Monopoly Exchange

9. trn news reader in Slackware 1.1.1

10. rn/trn on Solaris 2.2

11. rn,trn,nntp,cnews and inews under solaris 2.1

12. ** HELP: How to use rn/trn '=' cmd w/o jumping to 1st subject line? **

13. rn/trn/strn - Causing Solaris 2.3 panic crash