Setup HP peer-to-peer printers

Post by Nigel Whitle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to establish a Linux server in our Solaris / Windows
environment. We use peer-to-peer HP printing rather than a print server.
All printers are attached to our network via HP jet direct boxes.

On the Solaris machine I run 'jetadmin' which allows me to establish
printers & queues but I can't find a 'jetadmin' for Linux on the HP web
page. I have set up HP's Web Jetadmin but it doesn't seem to help me set up
printers on the Linux box.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Eventually I want to set up Squid Proxy Server. Any pointers on this would
also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nigel

1. how do I setup a peer-to-peer network with Linux??

HI,

I''ve two computers connected to eachother with NE2000 compatible
networking cards. Under dos I can run Quake etc.in IPX multiplayer mode so
I know the hardware is working fine.

Is it possible to share my drives and printer with the guy on the other
side of the cable?? I know I should recompile my kernel with
ethernet-support, so that's not the problem.

If you have any tips on connecting two computers with ethernet under Linux,

newsgroup.

Thanks!

Greetings,

Ernst Eeldert

2. question about make

3. how do I setup peer-to-peer ISDN?

4. OT: Itanium, Jerry Sanders and x86-64

5. 2 Computer Peer-to-Peer networking troubles

6. restrict user ftp access to certain directories

7. Peer-to-Peer Problems

8. static route table

9. What cable for peer-to-peer ?

10. peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

11. Peer-to-Peer : Mixed Linux and Windows

12. NEWBIE: Need a Windoze / Linux Peer-to-Peer

13. alt.internet.p2p (peer-to-peer) newsgroup created