Problem using a VT420 terminal

Post by kuh.. » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a Linux System running in a LAN environment.

In may LAN I have a terminal-server from DEC (DEC-Communacations-Server 500)
which is able to establish TELNET Sessions.

On this Terminal-Server there are several VT420 Terminals wich I would like to
use for editing on the Linux-Machine.

After logging in I use the command "eval $(tset -s vt220)" to set up termcap
properly. The Terminal is in 7-Bit mode and all seems to be funny.

Now comes the problem:

To use emacs I need the Control-X Key. But this key will not work with my
VT. The second spooky thing is, that the first key-sequence, emacs gets is
a Control-S. From where does the Control-S come??

Can someone help me to setup this configuration properly??

Please E-mail to

Thank you for your comments

Markus Kuhnla
Leonberg, Germany

1. TERMCAP entry for DEC vt420 or vt400 series terminal

Could someone please help me find a termcap entry for a
DEC vt420 terminal or any of the vt400 series?

Please e-mail me and I will summarize to the group if there
is general interest.

I welcome all suggestions, hints, answers, or requests to
pass along information.

Thank you all very much
Regards,
 Lily
Lily Liou

2. lilo problems in making bootable cd

3. Connecting VT420 terminal to a Linux host

4. 2.5.50 Emu10K1 OSS

5. Question on DEC VT420 terminal

6. capricornuk1961@yahoo.co.uk

7. Setting up DEC VT420 Terminal (second session)

8. help with browsable option

9. Sun logotype in VT420 terminal...

10. mscreen and DEC VT420 terminals

11. <ESC> key on a vt420 terminal