kde installation problem

Post by Yumm » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Dear all, I encountered problem during the installation of kde base package.
while I typed "./configure" under the directory in which all the files are
expanded, the following screen message appeared:

checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for a C-Compiler...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for a C++-Compiler...
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  -s) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  -s) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... -static
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for main in -lcompat... no
checking for main in -lcrypt... yes
checking for the third argument of getsockname... socklen_t
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for killpg in -lucb... no
checking for QT... libraries /usr/local/qt/lib, headers
/usr/local/qt/include
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for moc... /usr/local/qt/bin/moc
checking for rpath... yes
checking for bool... yes
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no kde headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

Did anyone know what's happen? I 've already installed QT, what's the
possible cause? Thanks in advance.

Jack

kde installation problem

Post by Sean Clar » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Dear all, I encountered problem during the installation of kde base package.
> while I typed "./configure" under the directory in which all the files are
> expanded, the following screen message appeared:

> [snipped for space]

> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no kde headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!

> Did anyone know what's happen? I 've already installed QT, what's the
> possible cause? Thanks in advance.

This one drove me nuts...

You have to configure/make/make install on the KDELIBS set FIRST, then the
KDEBASE.
That got the KDE working beautifully on my home machine (I now only have to
stoop to using Lose'95 to play an occasional game.  Linux handles everything
else better and faster.  I suspect it'd handle games better and faster too, but
there aren't too many of them...yet.).

I am having some trouble with the installation of QT-1.41 at work, though.  I
*THINK*
I've got it all installed, and the path to the QT libraries is set in
ld.so.conf, and QTDIR is set, but the KDE configure claims there are no QT
libraries or headers.  If anyone has any advance tips on setting this up (I'm
using Slackware 3.5 with 2.0.35 kernel) while I stumble around trying to figure
out what I did at home but haven't done at work, please let me know!

P.S. A big THANK YOU to everyone working on KDE

1. Kde installation Problem

Hi all:

I start to use FreeBSD 2.2.5 for a month la, and want to install KDE.
However, I meet quite a lot of problem, can any one HELP me
I have downloaded some file from Internet, here are
    kdesupport
    kdelibs
    kdebase

    kdegames
    kdeutils
    kdegraphics
    kdemultimedia
    kdenetwork
    kdeadmin
[they are all  *.lsm and  *.tar]

After extract them with   tar xvzf   command, I have got so many file
extracted.
Can I use     make install    to port it ? how ?
I still need to connect to internet during installation ?

2. Xinside Where are they???

3. KDE installation problem

4. novice sed ?

5. Weird KDE installation problem: user works, root doesn't

6. burn files in windows (ntfs) to read on Linux

7. KDE installation problem

8. Does FreeBSD support ADSL?

9. KDE Installation Problems

10. kde installation problem