"resume" fails after "suspend" on Thinkpad 600

"resume" fails after "suspend" on Thinkpad 600

Post by Mark Bergm » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm running RedHat 5.1 on an IBM ThinkPad600. Easy to set up, X works
fine, but the machine hangs after I suspend. I've built kernels with
APM enabled, and it seems to work (shows a graph of battery life, gives
me syslog messages when the battery gets low or I go on/off AC power).

When I suspend the machine (closg the cover, the keyboard combination,
or the suspend option to apm), the daemon recognizes that it got a
suspend signal (according to the log messages). The daemon _seems_ to
trigger a sync(1) as it is meant to, a the LCD blanks out.

When I open the cover, the LCD re-lights, showing the previous screen,
but the machine is frozen. No keystroke combinations have any effect.
This occurs under X or a text conbsole. At this point I must power down
the computer and reboot.

I've tried the option for the Thinkpad 560 series to ignore multiple
APM suspend notices, but it doesn't make a difference.  The machine
behaves the same way (doesn't resume) if I use a kernel with no APM
features.

Has anyone gotten suspend and resume to work on this machine?
----
Mark Bergman    Biker, IATSE #1 Stagehand, Unix mechanic

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:

rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
5+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman