Two questions: mount points and StarOffice

Two questions: mount points and StarOffice

Post by Dawn Elli » Mon, 06 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I would like to know if it is possible to create two mount points for
the same device.

IE- I want to make a vfstype of ext2 and another for msdos on my
floppy.  However,
it doesn't seem to like that very much.  It says something to the effect
of "too many
mounted devices", I think.  My /etc/fstab entry:
/dev/fd0     /floppy    msdos   noauto,user   1    1  (existing, and it
works fine)
/dev/fd0    /mnt         ext2       noauto,user    1    1 (wouldn't
mount)

I had both of these installed.

Also, whenever I try to get into StarOffice, it seems to start fine, the
splash screen
passes and the windows comes up, then I get a core dump.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Dawn Ellis

1. Mount point for second harddrive?

Hi all.

I'm about to install Linux RH 5.2 on a computer with three
harddrives, 1200, 630 and 520MB.

I'm goin to use the 1200MB as root partiton, but where should I
mount the other two drives?
Which directories needs most space on a single user system?

TIA
Niklas
--
To reply, remove the "remove_to_reply" from my address.

2. How to setup Solaris 2.6 as a DNS Client

3. is it possible to make a software raid of two mount points?

4. Looking for "Catalog of Free Databases"

5. one mount point, two file systems

6. READ THE ONLY WEB SITE THAT WANTS TO KILL JEWS AND BLACKS

7. tunnel point to point vs physical point to point

8. Looking for unix on 386

9. two partitions & one mount point

10. mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist

11. mounting several partitions on the same mount point

12. mount doesn't recognize mount points

13. Question: Mount Points