CDROM install problem

Post by Cle » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am having a problem installing from CD ROM distributions of LINUX.

As I am using a CD ROM which is IDE attached and ATAPI compliant, I ha
used boot disks called IDECD which claim to install from these drives.
However, because of my specific configuration I am using the IDE contr
on my soundcard (SB AWE 32) set to use IRQ 11 address 1e8 as a 'tertia
controller. My hardware , for reasons as yet not understood, does not
this to be used as 'secondary' at IRQ 15.

On boot up it is clear that my drives is not recognised and setting of
scan function fails with device not ready time outs. Some of the messa
boot up and also feed back on compuserve forums lead me to believe tha
15 is the only one being used to look for IDE drives not attached to p
on IRQ 14(not possible for CDROM - already full with 2 disk drives).

I have seen that the yggradrisil (spelling ????) dist now claims to su
any MSCDEX CD ROM - mine works under DOS / Windoze as one). Is this tr
my circumstamces? if so , or for any other reason is there a bootdisk
I can use to load my Slackware 2.2.0 from CD ROM to run from it?

HELPPPP !!!!!

Regards,

Clem

--
JJM Clement (Clem)

1. scsi cdrom install problem

can anyone suggest why?:

i am tring to install linux from the slackware cdrom, the scsi adapter
and cdrom are both detected at start up, howeever once the setup program
tries to use the cdrom the program crashes and alows me to start typing off the
bottom of the screen. can anyone suggest any reason?

thanks
Rich

2. how can i drive sound card on MicroStar 6309 ?

3. ATAPI CDROM install problem

4. very odd behavior of X11 GUI

5. More Redhat 5.2 & Soundblaster CDROM install problems

6. Linux/PC Setup That Supports 66MHz PCI Bus.

7. SCSI cdrom install problems

8. Mounting drive slow at boot time

9. PCMCIA cdrom install problems

10. Redhat, Sb32Pnp w/ ATAPI CDROM Install problems.

11. SB16 / Sony CDROM install problems Help !!

12. Yggdrasil CDROM install problems w/NEC 2Vi

13. cdrom install problems