Matrox Mystique support?

Post by Quentin Stephen » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Caldera's website indicates that they support the Matrox Mystique. I would
appreciate any assistance kind souls may provide as I've just purchased COD
and been trying to get it to work and have thus far failed - the nearest
device that appears is the Matrox Millenium in the Metro server. The error
message that
appears indicates that the probe failed (incorrect driver?).

Am I overlooking something silly?

Further, I've spotted two problems which I haven't even started to
investigate:

1 - Extended Targets (ie my CD changer) are not being recognised on the
SCSI chain.

2 - SCSI IDs > 7 are not being seen. I have a 4GB UW HDD as ID 8 and it
is invisible :{

System is 64MB (60ns Parity) Cyrix 686-200+, ISA SB16PnP (not yet
activated, usually IRQ 5, Addr 220), PCI 4MB Matrox Mystique (usually

2940UW, ISA NE2000 clone (Addr 240, Int 15)
qts

qts

NOTE: Header deliberately reversed!

Matrox Mystique support?

Post by Ulrich Teiche » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Caldera's website indicates that they support the Matrox Mystique. I would

[snip]
I don't know what special support Caldera has, but XFree86 3.1.1 does
the job for me (Mystique, 2MB, 170MHz). You could get the newest
servers from www.suse.de, if www.xfree86.org is too loaded.
(BTW: support is in the SVGA server)

Quote:>1 - Extended Targets (ie my CD changer) are not being recognised on the
>SCSI chain.

Recompile the kernel with SCSI support for multiple LUNs.

Quote:>2 - SCSI IDs > 7 are not being seen. I have a 4GB UW HDD as ID 8 and it
>is invisible :{

Again, recompile the kernel for wide support.

HTH,
Uli
--

Stormweg 24               |listening to: Die Lady Di (KGB), Alien Boy (Wipers),
24539 Neumuenster, Germany|It's the Sickening Sound (Doktor X)

Matrox Mystique support?

Post by Quentin Stephen » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

:>
:>>Caldera's website indicates that they support the Matrox Mystique. I would
:>[snip]
:>I don't know what special support Caldera has, but XFree86 3.1.1 does
:>the job for me (Mystique, 2MB, 170MHz). You could get the newest
:>servers from www.suse.de, if www.xfree86.org is too loaded.

<clickety click> Grabbed.

:>(BTW: support is in the SVGA server)

I must have misread; oh well...

:>>1 - Extended Targets (ie my CD changer) are not being recognised on the
:>>SCSI chain.
:>
:>Recompile the kernel with SCSI support for multiple LUNs.

Are there any gotchas I need to know about? The SCSI HOWTO I read today
mentioned timeouts.

:>>2 - SCSI IDs > 7 are not being seen. I have a 4GB UW HDD as ID 8 and it
:>>is invisible :{
:>
:>Again, recompile the kernel for wide support.

Silly question, but how do I do this? While I am a computer technician (and
am using Linux to broaden my knowledge), I am not afraid to admit my
ignorance!

Is there a HOWTO?

Many thanks for such a speedy reply.
qts

NOTE: Header deliberately reversed!

1. Matrox mystique support in dosemu/svgalib/vga

Is matrox mystique not supported by dosemu or svgalib or vga?  I got
quake running svgalib as well as xnes, but snemul, dos games in dosemu, and some
other svga  programs just make bars of colors across the screen which dont go
away until i reboot.

 --
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1628
lastbard on AOL instant messanger

2. inews syntax

3. Is Matrox Mystique supported X-window

4. Incorrect kernel_version in /dev/cdu31a drive error?

5. Matrox mystique support

6. re-probing the scsi chain from the cmd line.

7. Matrox Mystique Support

8. JetDirect Security Problem

9. Matrox Mystique support

10. Matrox Mystique support on XF86