libbfd missing - help!

Post by john barbo » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi there:

We have a problem with the Linux REDHAT Distribution 4.0 (Colgate)
from Infomagic (6 CD set), and wondered if any of you kind souls
could shed some light on our predicament.

We have Kernel 2.0.18 installed and are using the GCC 2.7.2 complier to
build the application 'qpopper' (POP mail server).

Unfortunately, the GNU assembler that comes with this REDHAT distribution
gave us the error that it was unable to find the following library:

libbfd2.7.0.2

The REDHAT distribution came with the bin-utils source distribution, and we
have the source code for the BFD library (also with the distribution).

We need to build the BFD library but to do so we have to have a working
assembler, which itself uses the library we need to build. So you will
understand we are in a bit of a dilemma.

Having searched all the install CD's for this library and not having found
it, do you know where can I get hold of a compiled version of this?

Is this an error with the CD-ROM distribution I have purchased?

Yours in hope,

john barbour
REDESOL

1. mpatrol,libbfd and missing symbols (xexit,htab_create,xstrerror)

OS: Mandrake 8.1
Compiler: Hand built ( passes the lions share of tests ) gcc-3.0.4.

I'm having a problem linking mpatrol into an application. I need to
link in libbfd and libbfd seems to have problems with missing symbols.

Some of them are:
concat
xstrerror
xexit
objalloc_create
hex_init
htab_find_slot_with_hash
_objalloc_alloc
_hex_value
objalloc_free_block
objalloc_free
htab_create
htab_delete

can't figure out where to get the symbols ( which library ) or if I
need to rebuild libbfd with the 3.0.4 compiler.

Can anyone help?

2. bogofilter-0.13.7.2 - New Stable Release

3. package libbfd-2.9.1.0-24.so missing...?

4. kernel problem

5. help: libbfd-2.12.so has 0 byte

6. Problems with Token Ring/Network!

7. Windows sharing Linux connection to dial up ISP?

8. libbfd come from where ?

9. 2.5.7 oops & ksymoops 2.4.5 & libbfd.a

10. Profiling & LIBBFD

11. libbfd.so problem while building kde

12. libbfd.so etc what is it for ??