Red Hat Installation

Post by wra.. » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Carsten, there are some places (like

>    http://www.lsl.com
> and
>    http://www.cheapbytes.com
> who sell CDs containing Red Hat for very low prices.

About $1.99 !
http://www.LinuxMall.com are GIVING AWAY Brand new Linux CD's, all you pay is postage (about 1 in UK)!
Latest Redhat, Debian, Slackware etc etc but you have to order on-line. They are UK based but
I think the offer is global.
--

---------------------------
 member: force9 usergroup

1. red hat installation

Hi!

I just bought a copy of the red hat distribution directly
from LSL (Linux Systems Lab) and it does not come with any
documentation.

I've been running linux for a few years now, but never red
hat.

The problem I have has to do with the CD-ROM drive not being
detected during the installation process. I have an IDE
CD-ROM. Now, the question becomes: How can I force its
detection? By the way, I understand the whole installation
process is very different from, say, Slackware and Yggdrassil
which I've used before.

By the way, to make the boot disk - how do you go about it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Manuel

PS - I know that there are a few books out there that come
with a CD. However, they are ~ $40-$50 and price was a
consideration when I decided to order directly from LSL.

2. advice

3. Red hat installation from harddisk

4. Tape backup/archive program

5. Help Help, Help me with my Red Hat installation problem

6. Need script to create .htpasswd files

7. Red Hat installation problem - newbie

8. SVGA server locks system with SCSI kernel

9. Gateway video chipset/ Red Hat installation

10. red hat installation questions

11. Red Hat installation problem

12. Red Hat installation: how long should I wait?

13. RED HAT INSTALLATION